History of Hribar Logistics

Leo Hribar established Hribar Trucking in 1949 on the original site of the family farm. The company hauled aggregates for local quarries. Hribar built a strong reputation in service and continued to grow the next nine years. In 1958, Hribar hauled one of the first loads of salt that was transported by truck in the greater Milwaukee area. Always efficient, innovative and willing to improve the service offered, Leo Hribar invented the "Pup" which allowed a larger payload. This invention was patented and is still in use today by many carriers. Leo's three sons, Lee, Don and Bill all worked in the business.

Due to the rail strike in 1963, Hribar started hauling interstate aggregates and salt. The company continued to grow and in 1967 Hribar started delivering aggregates. Full control of the companies was assumed by Lee Hribar in 1987 who brought an additional transportation company, Hribar Bros into the group. In 1998 Hribar started utilizing pneumatic tanks. In 2002, Jim Halverson LLC was acquired through a buyout. Now we are providing all the quality transportation services necessary as a successful local, over the road and nationwide logistics provider.

Lee retired at the close of 2003. He now serves as advisor and board member with his sons remaining in the business. The companies continue to expand and diversify to meet the needs of our customers. With a fleet of company trucks and additional contracted owner operators, Hribar has become one of the largest fleet owned dump / pneumatic tank carriers in the area. Today Hribar continues to handle bulk material, aggregate material and salt, not to mention contaminated soil, recyclables, landscaping materials along with a host of specialty and flat bed products and services.

Hribar considers every day an opportunity to meet and exceed the needs of our customers.